Delta Dental of Kansas COVID-19 Update For Our Participating Dentists
Updated March 25, 2020
Our Professional Relations team is available to answer any questions you may have. In addition, our comprehensive website, DeltaDentalKS.com/Dentist, is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to help you access the tools you need.
TELE-DENTISTRY AND PROCESSING UPDATE
We are aware that some of your offices have had to close or reduce your office hours. Due to these changes, DDKS has implemented the following:
- DDKS will benefit limited oral evaluations completed via tele-dentistry within the next 60 days. Please use ADA code D0140 Limited Oral Evaluation - problem focused, to describe the treatment rendered. Also, please be mindful of maintaining appropriate chart notes in accordance with current Kansas Dental Board dental record keeping requirement under K.S.A.-65-1436.
- If DDKS receives any claim submitted during this time frame requiring additional information pursuant to current processing policies, DDKS will be flexible with the 14 day policy for you to return requested information.
DOES DELTA DENTAL OF KANSAS HAVE A BUSINESS CONTINUITY PLAN?
Yes, we have instituted our business continuity plan to ensure that we continue to provide excellent service to you during this time. We have planned and prepared for situations that allow us to work remotely while continuing to provide the best-in-class service you’ve come to expect from Delta Dental of Kansas.
Our teams have the tools and resources to meet our customers’ needs. We believe there will be little to no business disruption during this time. This is an unprecedented situation and we appreciate your patience.
WILL PAYMENTS BE IMPACTED?
- Your Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) payments will not be impacted. You will continue to receive timely payments as usual.
- We are working with our print vendor to ensure that paper checks will not be impacted during this time. We will continue to update information on this webpage.
- Haven’t signed up for EFT yet? Complete this form and email to firstname.lastname@example.org to get set up with electronic payments.
WHAT ONLINE RESOURCES AND SELF-SERVICE TOOLS DOES DELTA DENTAL OF KANSAS HAVE AVAILABLE?
Log in to your Delta Dental of Kansas online dentist account, where you can:
- Look-up patient benefits
- Submit claims and predeterminations
- View claim status
- Retrieve payment information
- And more
If you haven’t registered for an online account, you can easily do so here.
Benefits Fax Back is another quick and easy way to obtain your patient’s benefit information, including frequencies. Here’s how:
- Dial 1-877-FAX-DDKS (329-3357) or 316-462-3360
- You will get an automated voice response that will lead you through simple instructions. You will need to know the treating dentist’s tax ID and license number, and the patient’s Delta Dental ID number.
- You will be sent a fax immediately.
ARE YOU STILL PROCESSING CLAIMS AND ANSWERING CALLS?
Yes. A majority of our workforce is working remotely in order to do our part to protect the safety and health of our employees and the general public. Our teams have the tools and resources to meet your needs. We believe there will be little to no business disruption during this time.
Please consider submitting claims electronically during this time in order for us to assist you more quickly while working remotely.
ARE OTHER DELTA DENTAL COMPANIES OPERATIONAL?
To our knowledge, all Delta Dental organizations are operational. Some Delta Dental organizations have decided to close their offices, but continue to work remotely to support our Participating Dentists, members, groups and brokers. If you are having issues with a certain Delta Dental organization, please contact your Professional Relations Representative.
CONTACTING DELTA DENTAL OF KANSAS
As always, your Professional Relations Representative is here for your questions and concerns.
In order to best serve you in a timely fashion, please use the following guidelines for contacting DDKS:
Contact email@example.com for:
- Appeals and reconsiderations (Appeals Request form located here)
- General requests for information
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for:
- Re-issue of pre-determinations
- Information pertaining to pending claims that have not been suspended for additional information
Contact email@example.com for:
- Send additional requests for pending claims
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for:
- Send all orthodontics requests and questions
IMPORTANT COVID-19 RESOURCES
- The CDC - cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
- The American Dental Association (ADA) - ADA.org/virus
- The Kansas Department of Health and Environment (KDHE) - govstatus.egov.com/coronavirus
- The Kansas Dental Association (KDA) - ksdental.org/
- OSHA Guidance on Preparing Workplaces for COVID-19: osha.gov/Publications/OSHA3990.pdf
Please visit DeltaDentalKS.com/COVID-19 for periodic updates.