Why Work for Delta Dental of Kansas?
We’re glad you asked. Along with competitive wages and benefits, Delta Dental of Kansas offers:
Company Culture: At Delta Dental of Kansas (DDKS), we work hard to provide excellent service for our constituents. We also understand the importance of providing an engaging environment that fosters a sense of pride and camaraderie for our employees. Our Culture Committee provides multiple opportunities each month for employees to get involved in, with activities focused around the following topics:
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion - We believe that diversity, equity and inclusion are critical to the success of our organization. We believe that when differences of perspective and circumstances are not only accepted but embraced in the workplace, employees will feel a sense of belonging. The Culture Committee provides resources, educational workshops, and volunteer opportunities across the community.
- Health & Wellness - Delta Dental of Kansas is proud to be Healthy KC Workplace Certified! We strive to encourage habits of wellness, increase awareness of factors and resources contributing to overall physical and mental health, and inspire and empower individuals and teams to take responsibility for their own wellness. From weight loss challenges, to healthy cooking demonstrations, team walking contests and healthy choice challenges, we keep it motivating and fun.
- Team Building - The Delta Dental Culture Committee provides multiple events and creative ways to help employees get to know each other and stay connected whether we are working remotely or in the office. In the past, we've hosted a virtual Spirit Week, held photo and cooking contests, played trivia, hosted virtual coffee socials, and organized a team-building scavenger hunt.
Location: The Delta Dental office is located at The Waterfront in Wichita, Kansas, a unique 180-acre mixed use development, which includes many restaurants and shops within walking distance. Enjoy views of the freshwater lakes from the office or take a break and go for a walk along the paths throughout the area.
Community Engagement: We are dedicated to giving back to the communities we serve, and we pass that spirit along to our employees through various volunteer opportunities and engaging fundraising campaigns.
Awards & Recognition: We are honored to share that Delta Dental of Kansas has been recognized nationally and locally as:
- Company of the Year for insurance by the American Business Awards (Gold Award)
- Recipient of the Bronze Award as one of the Top Employers in the US for our "exemplary" COVID-19 response
- Recipient of the 2021 Innovation Award by the Wichita Business Journal
- Healthy Workplace Gold Award for excellence in employee engagement and community service
- AM Best "Excellent" Rating among over 16,000 insurances companies for business management, innovation, operating performance and risk management
- Corporate Partner of the Year from an affiliate of the Wichita Chamber of Commerce
Delta Dental of Kansas offers a competitive benefits package.
For full-time employees:
- Dental, vision and medical coverage
- Paid holidays
- Vacation, sick leave and personal leave
- 401K plan
- Life insurance
- Flexible spending account (FSA) / Health Savings Account (HSA)
- A corporate fitness discount
- Education assistance (tuition reimbursement)
- An Employee Assistance Program
- Long-term disability