Affordable individual and family plans from the dental insurance your clients know and trust.
With varying levels of coverage, your clients can choose the plan that’s right for them.
Things to Know
The primary enrollee must be a Kansas resident, age 18 or older. Plan participants may not be covered by another Delta Dental of Kansas plan. Acceptance is guaranteed regardless of dental history or pre-existing conditions.
There are no waiting periods for diagnostic and preventive services and the deductible does not apply to diagnostic and preventive services.
There is a 6 month waiting period for basic services and a 12 month waiting period for major restorative services.
Coverage will start the first of the month following the receipt of the application when the application and payment are received on or before the 25th of the month. If the application and payment are received after the 25th of the month, coverage will start the first of the following month (i.e. if the application is received April 19, the coverage will begin on May 1. If the application is received April 28, then coverage will begin on June 1).
With our individual and family plans, your clients will receive coverage when visiting both in and out-of-network dentists, meaning they are free to see the dentist of their choice; however, our individual and family plans are PPO plans — meaning your clients will generally experience the lowest of out-of-pocket costs when visiting a Delta Dental PPO dentist. You can view the coverage for PPO, Premier and out-of-network here.
Enrollment and Payment
There are two ways for clients to enroll:
- Distribute your unique URL to your clients for online enrollment. (If you don’t have a unique URL, contact us to get one set up!)
- Download and print a paper application and write your broker number at the bottom of page 2.
Payment is due at the time of enrollment. If your clients enroll via your unique URL, they may choose to pay by credit/debit or automatic withdrawal from a checking or savings account. Monthly payments will be charged on or around the 5th business day of each month.
If your clients enroll by sending in a paper application, they must submit a check for one year of coverage at the time of application.
For all of the plans, some benefits are subject to limitations, such as:
- Age of patient or frequency of procedure or benefits may be excluded in some instances.
- Rates are guaranteed for one year following enrollment: subsequent rate changes will be reviewed annually, subject to a 60-day notification.
- Applications and premiums received after the 25th of the month will be effective the first of the concurrent month. For applications and premiums received on or before the 25th of the month, coverage will commence until the first of the following month.
- Under the Platinum Plan, Implants are subject to predetermination (the dentist must receive a predetermination of benefits from Delta Dental before treatment), and limitations may apply, please consult the contract/Benefit Booklet for further information.
- To cancel coverage, subscribers must notify Delta Dental of Kansas Customer Service via written communication (Email email@example.com to cancel coverage).