We have instituted our business continuity plan during this time to ensure that we continue to provide excellent service to you. We have planned and prepared for situations that allow us to work remotely while continuing to provide the best-in-class service you’ve come to expect from Delta Dental of Kansas. Our teams have the tools and resources to meet our customers’ needs. We believe there will be little to no business disruption during this time. This is an unprecedented situation and we appreciate your patience.
Delta Dental of Kansas is committed to providing proactive information to help you manage through these challenging times.
Tele-dentistry and Processing Update
We are aware that some of your offices have had to close or reduce your office hours. Due to these changes, DDKS has implemented the following:
- DDKS will benefit limited oral evaluations completed via tele-dentistry within the next 60 days. Please use ADA code D0140 Limited Oral Evaluation - problem focused, to describe the treatment rendered. Also, please be mindful of maintaining appropriate chart notes in accordance with current Kansas Dental Board dental record keeping requirement under K.S.A.-65-1436.
- If DDKS receives any claim submitted during this time frame requiring additional information pursuant to current processing policies, DDKS will be flexible with the 14 day policy for you to return requested information.
- Your Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) payments will not be impacted. You will continue to receive timely payments as usual.
- We are working with our print vendor to ensure that paper checks will not be impacted during this time. We will continue to update information at DeltaDentalKS.com/COVID-19.
- Haven’t signed up for EFT yet? Complete this form and email to firstname.lastname@example.org to get set up with electronic payments.
Our Customer Service and Claims Teams are Operational
A majority of our workforce is working remotely in order to do our part to protect the safety and health of our employees and the general public. Our teams have the tools and resources to meet your needs. We believe there will be little to no business disruption during this time.
Please consider submitting claims electronically during this time in order for us to assist you more quickly while working remotely.
Online Resources and Self-Service Tools Available 24/7
Log in to your Delta Dental of Kansas online dentist account, where you can:
- Look-up patient benefits
- Submit claims and pre-determinations
- View claim status
- Retrieve payment information
- And more
If you haven’t registered for an online account, you can easily do so here.
Benefits Fax Back is another quick and easy way to obtain your patient’s benefit information, including frequencies. Here’s how:
- Dial 1-877-FAX-DDKS (329-3357) or 316-462-3360
- You will get an automated voice response that will lead you through simple instructions. You will need to know the treating dentist’s tax ID and license number, and the patient’s Delta Dental ID number.
- You will be sent a fax immediately.
Important COVID-19 Resources
- The CDC - cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
- The American Dental Association - ADA.org/virus
- The Kansas Department of Health - govstatus.egov.com/coronavirus
- The Kansas Dental Association - ksdental.org
- OSHA Guidance on Preparing Workplaces for COVID-19: osha.gov/Publications/OSHA3990.pdf
Other Delta Dental Companies
To our knowledge, all Delta Dental organizations are operational. Some Delta Dental organizations have decided to close their offices, but continue to work remotely to support our Participating Dentists, members, groups and brokers. If you are having issues with a certain Delta Dental organization, please contact your Professional Relations Representative.