Bring a tasty new kick to soup season with this spicy Korean concoction. Kimchi soup is sure to warm you up and keep you full this winter. While it’s packed with healthy ingredients, it’s best known for being a great source of probiotics, which may have beneficial effects on oral health.
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 cup scallions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 32 ounces unsalted chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons gochujang (red chili paste)
- 7 ounces tofu, sliced into bite-size pieces
- 1½ cups kimchi
- 1 jalapeño, sliced
- 1 red chili pepper, sliced
- Heat sesame oil in a large pot over medium-high heat.
- Add scallions, garlic and ginger. Cook for 3 minutes, stirring often.
- Add broth, soy sauce and gochujang. Bring soup to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and add tofu and kimchi. Stir once and cook for 3 minutes.
- Top with jalapeño and red chili pepper slices.