You can make this tasty Vietnamese dish in record time with this easy recipe. Enjoy the hearty flavor and the healthful benefits of fiber, protein and immunity-boosting herbs and spices. It’s even high in calcium and phosphorus for stronger teeth.
- 8 ounces dried rice noodles
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch chunks
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- Toppings of choice like onions, bean sprouts, cilantro, mint and/or jalapeño
- Cook rice noodles in a large pot according to package instructions. Drain well and set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper to taste. Add chicken to the pot and cook for about 2 to 3 minutes until golden; remove the chicken and set aside.
- Using the same large pot, add remaining olive oil, garlic and ginger. Cook, stirring frequently, for about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Whisk in chicken stock, hoisin sauce and fish sauce. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Serve immediately, adding your desired amount of rice noodles and chicken to the broth. Garnish with onions, bean sprouts, cilantro, mint and/or jalapeño, if desired.