Asparagus is at its peak flavor in the spring. And it’s even tastier when wrapped in delicately sweet and salty prosciutto and topped with savory Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese. This easy-to-make recipe is perfect for an appetizer or side dish. Not only is it packed with flavor, but it’s also full of vitamins A and C, phosphorus and calcium for strong teeth and gums.
- 1-pound asparagus spears
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of black pepper
- ½ pound thinly sliced prosciutto
- 1-ounce Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- Wash and trim the rough ends off the asparagus.
- Place asparagus on a sheet pan and drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper. Toss well until asparagus is fully coated.
- Evenly distribute the cheese onto the slices of prosciutto.
- Place an asparagus spear onto each slice of prosciutto and roll it up.
- Arrange in a single layer on baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes.
- Top with more cheese if desired. Enjoy!