Savory roasted beet fries
Replace those same old French fries with beet fries. You’ll not only consume fewer cavity-causing carbs but you’ll also enjoy a hearty, sweet, surprisingly delicious comfort food.
Even kids will love this fun, healthy way to add a superfood to your family’s diet. And you’ll love what beets do for your smile because they can help strengthen teeth and fight tooth decay.
- 2 large beets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- Dash of salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Peel beets. Slice off and dispose of both ends. Cut into ¼-inch slices to look like fries.
- Toss beets, olive oil and spices in a mixing bowl to coat beets.
- Lay beet slices on baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 to 25 minutes, flipping after 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Enjoy! And swish your mouth with water after eating to help prevent teeth staining.