Warm Up this Winter with this Healthy Soup Recipe
Here’s a good way to warm up this winter: Try this delicious soup recipe. It’s not only satisfying, but it’s also packed full of good-for-your-teeth veggies like carrots, celery and spinach.
Tuscan Bean Soup
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium carrots, thickly sliced
- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 stalk celery, coarsely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 3 sprigs fresh oregano
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 5 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 4 cups baby spinach, stems removed
- In a pot, heat olive oil.
- Add carrots, onion, celery, garlic, oregano, salt and pepper to hot oil. Cook for 10 minutes, stirring often, until vegetables look softened.
- On a plate, mash half of the beans, then add them to the vegetables. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes.
- Add remaining beans to pot and stir well.
- Stir in chicken or vegetable stock and bring to boil.
- Lower heat, partially cover with lid and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Discard oregano sprigs.
- Add additional salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix in spinach and simmer for another 2 minutes.