Zucchini pizza bites
The whole family loves pizza! And you’ll love how this saucy, cheesy treat cuts the carbs by replacing the crust with teeth-strengthening zucchini.
But the real secret to its goodness is actually in the nutritious, veggie-packed sauce. It’s as loaded with vitamins, fiber and protein as it is full of flavor. (Make extra so you can enjoy again!)
Pizza sauce ingredients:
- 2 medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- ½ cup spinach
- ¼ cup garbanzo beans
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
Pizza bites ingredients:
- 3 large zucchinis, sliced into ¼” thick rounds
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- ⅓ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ⅓ cup of your favorite toppings (Canadian bacon, sausage, peppers, olives, etc.)
- Dried oregano
1. Preheat oven to 400 F.
2. Microwave carrots for 2 minutes.
3. Combine carrots with other pizza sauce ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
4. Place zucchini on a baking sheet and brush with olive oil. Bake for 5 minutes.
5. Spoon a thin layer of pizza sauce over each slice, top with mozzarella and your other favorite toppings.
6. Sprinkle with dried oregano and bake for 10 minutes until zucchini is tender and cheese is melted.