It is recommended to collect the patient's portion at the time of initial treatment. The Delta Dental National Processing Policy requires that multi-stage procedures are reported and benefited upon completion of service.
Definitions of completion dates are:
- The date the root canal is completed (i.e., sealing the pulp chamber and canal to the apex of the root).
- The date the final prosthesis is seated in the patient's mouth.
- The date of insertion for removable prosthetic appliances.
- The date that the remaining teeth are removed and the denture is inserted for immediate dentures.
- The final cementation date for fixed partial dentures, crowns, onlays and inlays regardless of the type of cement.